Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cityscape Statement


       In search of finding new methods to read the city, I focus on the documentation of private spaces within a vibrant, fast-paced city. This series of paintings are often about contact with architecture and basic living elements. The works, made with acrylic and pastel, combine drawing and painting and create scenes that pull the viewer into the image through the use of perspective.
       By taking daily life as subject matter, I strive to better understand how we relate to our surroundings and how these environments mold our identity. These works are characterized by the use of everyday scenes in the atmosphere of the Toronto landscape. I aim to capture quite moments and simple routines of daily life that are often overlooked with the busyness of city living. While I have personal connections to the images that I create, I have chosen to present them in an objective manner, allowing the viewer to draw their own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment