Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Projects

Well, 2012 has started with a bang. After a great New Years in Florence with my friends and a birthday party last night, I've been avoiding the studio and any plans for new painting projects. Partly because I'm just too tired and want to rest now while I still can, but partly because I'm flat out of ideas. I wasn't entirely pleased with my series last semester and have trying to think of a different direction for the second half of my program.

I've started to feel a bit of stress due to my lack of ideas, especially since I need to submit paintings to a local cafe show in the next week, and have nothing to show for it yet. I've been thinking that maybe I could continue my series of portraits in motion...I had a lot of fun painting the first one of myself (posted earlier) and I think I could do a lot with this idea. I've been told that it's better just to paint whatever you want, even if it doesn't fit into a laid out plan. Sometimes I think it's better to have no plan at all.

....I guess all my worries can be fixed. I really need to work on 'going with the flow'. Everything will work out in the end!

Buon Anno

p.s....I promise that I will post my paintings soon...I'm just being lazy about it

No comments:

Post a Comment